Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Welcome to BBTA

Welcome to my Blog!


This is where collectors alike meet and share views.  I'm what you so call an 80's kid. Grew during the days of the Super Friends.  I'm a big Superman and Batman fan, DC characters alike.  I also dig the Marvel Characters specially those made by Stan Lee.  He is such an inspiration.

I'm the typical poor kid who doesn't have the liberty of owning toys when I was a kid.  Here in the Philippines, we kids that grew in the 80s and 90s are fond of tags, hide and seek, self-made toys from wood and bottle caps and different kinds of materials found around the house.

It was the era of Saturday Morning Cartoons. Spiderman and His Amazing Friends, The Invincible Ironman, Thundercats, Transformers and many more.  A time when we had to wait for the TV about 5 minutes before the black and white picture appears.


It was also an era of make believe and creative imagination, where we get our towels and blankets and put them around our backs as cape.  Put on our underwear upfront our pajamas and put our socks over it too.  It was creating a super hero in everyone where we get to jump and run around looking silly and no one would care because we were kids.

It was an awesome era for kids like me.  It was a time when there wasn't much violence in TV shows and kids would talk everything they watched on TV afterwards outside and re-enact everything choosing a character.  More of the jumping, running, hiding and creating dialogues and being that hero of a while.


Hopefully, this will inspire everyone of my generation as well as the younger and newer ones to share their thoughts of why they started collecting, why collect at all? Or better yet ask ourselves what do we get from all of this?  I wish everyone will be touched and join me in a journey as I share my passion to everyone.

God has been kind enough to bless me in getting a chance to start my own collection.  It is true that everything falls into place in the right place and time.

Support the Blog! Peace! God Bless!


Copyright njvelasquez 2012
All characters mentioned and shown are owned by their respective company.  Avengers, Captain America, Thor, Hulk and Ironman is copyrighted and owned by Marvel and its subsidiaries. Superman and related character is copyrighted and owned by DC Comics and its subsidiaries.  Transformers is copyrighted and owned by Hasbro and its subsidiaries. No copyright infringement intended in the creation of this review.

18 comments:

  1. I remember when my daughter, koko, was still a kid, I used to buy her super hero toys lol...My relatives disagreed with me and always reminded me that it's boys' toy. Still bought Koko same toys until I realized it's not her wanting it but ME...lol... I must admit I am still hooked on toys lol... Welcome to bloggers' world.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the memories. 80s kid too. Though I wasn't into comics, a lot of my friends were. I was more into toy planes then than superheroes. But like you, we also made do with whatever we could get our hands on as toys and made games out of them.

    I think there'll always be kids (or even adults) who are into collecting superhero toys. My nephew who's in his early 20s now is still actively into it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up watching these icons and I may have been able to own some of them but when I grew up, I gave it all away. My mistake. Boys will always be boys and I still watch new editions of this cartoons / movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! saakin kasi mga wrestlers ang gustong gusto kong icollect nung bata pa ako.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice read. Dolls kasi sa akin. ^_^ But I love watching them in movies/tv especially cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Voltes V? Transformers? Superman? Wow, that's some superhero collection you've got. My kids now like collecting toy cars, the miniature types, die-cast is what you call them I think. I think it's a good way to remind them of their childhood when they grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have a collection of toys but I sure did experience too what you've shared here. It is more fun to play with other kids rather than spend the day in front of the computer like what kids of today are doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not into collection of anything but I did watch movies or even read comics about those superheroes even until now =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too never did have toys of my own as a kid. But I loved to read so I bought books as I grew up. Later, I began a collection of (tea)spoons from my travels abroad. I decided on that coz it doesn't take much space. They're kept in a wooden box that I bought in one of my travels too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh! The good ol' days. Aside from the Saturday morning cartoons, I remembered trying to rush home from school to catch those afternoon cartoons they show during the week. After that, time to study since there's nothing else interesting to watch (at least for a kid back then that is).

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's nice to know that you've never outgrown your love for childhood 'heroes'. These characters may have been fictional (like the Marvel superheroes that I used to love watching as well). But we all know that these characters have helped us to imagine and to explore. That's one of the few aspects that I rarely see from the kids of this generation. Most kids of today are more in tune with playing the video games and staying glued all day on the boob tube..

    ReplyDelete
  12. the never ending all time favorites of all! they are such inspirational to most of us! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure have a good collections.My bro used to collect Justice League characters. But me, hanggang matchbox lang. Yun lang ang uso ng time ko..

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love to collect toys but my financial stability won't allow me to pursue that hobby. Great collections of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. In my case, I collect airplane models. Well, obsessed kasi ako everything about aviation.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i still remember when i was a kid that i beg crying to my mother for a piece of justice league toys . It was fun to remember those days when playstations and other hi tech gadgets are not around and children would find it more productive to go outside and play with other kids with their collected toys ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. When I was a kid, I really wanted to have a set of my own toys like that but my dad didn't want to buy any.

    ReplyDelete